Headed down to the city centre this evening to have dinner at this restaurant/bistro, Palate Palette. A friend of mine was saying that it is a unique place and wanted to go have a look at it and try out their food as well. It wasn't that difficult to find as the location of the restaurant was at some area which I got lost at before; also trying to find some Italian restaurant, but failed. Urgh. But anyway when we got there, I wasn't that amazed by it. It has it's own concept but doesn't really capture much of my attention. The price of the food there is slightly expensive I would say.

I had the lasagna while my friend had the chicken chop. I was reading the reviews from other food bloggers regarding this place and it seems that the reviews were good. However, I do not feel the same. I was rather disappointed with both the dishes as the portion was too small for what we are paying. Moreover, the food tastes very normal as though you can just get it at Old Town White Coffee or Station One Cafe. I did not dare to order dessert! LOL.
Chicken Lasagna
Sundried Tomato Battered Chicken Chop
So we just continued talking through the night and came up with a spontaneous plan to watch movie. At first we wanted to watch Mr. & Mrs. Incredibles but the time slot for it was too late and chose All's Well End's Well instead.
The movie? Quite a disappointment. According to a few of my other friends, they were saying that it is super hilarious till they laughed their asses off, but I just couldn't. It was rather pretty lame and kinda boring. But I won't deny that there were totally no funny scenes at all. There were, but damn little. The real movie that will make you burst into laughters and later on, into tears is the movie, I Love Hong Kong. I've not laughed so hard watching a movie for a very long time!
Well, despite the not-so-good dinner and the movie, the night did not end that bad :). My friend gave me a CNY gift and I am honestly surprised.
Doraemon Figurine

The figurine's so cute! I just have a soft spot for Doraemon, so yeah :P. Alongside, I also got a red packet with a card in it. The red packet was pretty bulky and I was wondering if it was some big cash hahaha! But no, it was a handmade card instead. I was touched, really touched. I think it's the first time for me receiving gifts for CNY celebration! I would like to say Thank You for the gift. It really did made my day ;)!

4 comments:
the doraemon figurine is really adorable!!!
I love the 任意门!!!
At first this post is very negative.. Thought...
Anyway, Oh.. cute figurine! and lovely letter.. hahaha! I receive something like this too when I say I wanted to leave my school for college back in the second last of my high school years. hehehehe...
Nice mac too!
;)
@以柔: Thanks for dropping by in my blog :). I know right? Very cute ;). If and only the door was real... xD
@Anonymous: Sorry for the negativity though. Thanks for the compliment as well too ;)!
Eeeeee... I also want that 'pintu sukahati'. Lol... you're so lucky! I also don't have. Hehehe...
Post a Comment