Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Graduation Dinner

Okay, yes we've graduated months ago! But we've been planning to have a grand dinner before the convocation. Actually it was supposed to be right after the convocation, but because of me, we pushed a day earlier.

We've planned to head down to Levain Boulangerie for tea as I've not been there before and is really curious since most of the people are saying that it's really awesome and such. Before heading there, I messaged Vonn asking how is she coming if Coffee couldn't make it. And thus, she gave me her beautiful most cliche answer, 'cannot come, no transport'. I was like, oh my God....this ain't happening to me today!! It's like somehow I don't see the purpose of the dinner if all of us aren't there. Joe and I were totally disappointed... However, the plan still has to go on as reservations for dinner has been made.

So yea, Levain it is!

Not long after we've arrived, we met the rest and then...... I saw Ms. Vonn Chow there and I was like OH HELL NO, I JUST GOT PRANKED!

You'll pay for it!! T____T

Oh the dessert section! So pretty and look at all those macarons! Wanted to try, but due to it being so pricey, I passed. x.x
Yummy buns! But I'd have to say that they're quite pricey too. However, once in a while wouldn't do any harm ;)



Headed to Pavilion to walk for a bit (to waste time actually) and ended up with more food xD.
Gelatomio has like one of the best ice creams available! I love love love their black sesame ice cream. However their rum and something ice cream is good too! Thank God I did not get any hungover after a bite :P

I've always been a fan of Italian cuisine and strictly requested for Italian foods. Joe wanted to bring us to La Risata but Vonn wanted to try Neroteca (under the Nero groups; Italian restos). So yeah, we just went to Neroteca instead. We'll save La Risata and Favola for the next time.






In house bread with roasted garlic! Super awesome especially with the roasted garlic

Appetitosa; mushroom, roasted porchetta, assiato cheese and Italian truffle oil
Trenette alla Ligure; pesto pasta
Like any normal pesto pasta and not enough flavours of the basil (according to Chuan)


Pomodorata; healthy plum tomatoes tossed with olive oil, basil, red onion and oregano
-Refreshing and opens the appetite!-

Valdostana; panfried pork loin topped with honey ham and fontina cheese served with own jus and asparagus

-This dish was the bomb! Even for a non-pork lover like me, has to admit that this is super good! The pork was so tender and juicy that I just couldn't get enough of it! ;) -

Spaghetti al Gamberi; Sauteed prawns, mushroom and cod fish in light tomato sauce topped with Arugula

-The pasta was good. The tomato sauce is not like any normal ones that you get easily elsewhere. Flavours combination was good with the rocket salad! A dish worth trying for ;)-

"PEOPLE, YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW SUCCULENT AND WONDERFUL IT WAS TO BITE INTO THE TENDER PIECES OF CODFISH AND MUSHROOMS. I SWEAR, THE ORIGINAL FLAVORS WERE SO WELL SEALED WITHIN THOSE PIECES OF MEAT. HALLELUJAH! ITS A REVELATION", Ms. Vonn Chow.


Maiale Tonnato; thin slices of roasted pork loin topped with tuna and caper sauce

-I have to warn that this is a cold dish. Hence, for people who does not like cold dishes, it may not be your kind of dish. For me, this dish was delicious just that I would personally prefer it to be warm xD -

Innosservata; smoked salmon, goat's cheese, fresh tomato & dill

- Lovely and nicely presented dish! If you love smoked salmon, then this bruschetta is worth dying for! No doubt-

Arrotoiato; piadina roll, smoked salmon, asiago cheese, walnuts and arugula

-Warm, delicious and a perfect dish to start your meal. Combinations of flavours are perfect. However it may appear a little salty to some people. Depends on your own preference.-






It's sad to not see Vonn and William to not continue degree and ShengSheng for joining advance diploma instead. However, our friendship will not just end here! We'd definitely have more meetups and gatherings!

***

A conversation between me and Vonn yesternight:

Vonn: Omg! We got to at least meet up once a month! Please do call me even though you know that 90% I will ffk or cannot come.

*zha dao ah....=.= *

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

alex your blog never fails to make me hungry! grr!!

William said...

Were you tempted to slap Vonn? XD

- a L E x - said...

@ryan: hahaha! Eat more b4 reading my blog :P

@William: Was very tempted to strangle lol

VONN said...

^@william: wahlao T_T what did i ever do to you

@alex: omg. (and in case you are worried, i know the above william is not our class william)

i'm paying for it liao. the 2 pics above are so damn not glamor ok. please tell me to slap myself if i drank before pics. omggggggggg. like siao jor.

but i like the pic with yenyen and the tamat one. actually, i'm going to make you send all of them to me so i can go and print out pics. homgggg. (i know you got more pics you tak post yet :/)

and the spaghetti al gambari is so unjustified.

PEOPLE, YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW SUCCULENT AND WONDERFUL IT WAS TO BITE INTO THE TENDER PIECES OF CODFISH AND MUSHROOMS. I SWEAR, THE ORIGINAL FLAVORS WERE SO WELL SEALED WITHIN THOSE PIECES OF MEAT. HALLELUJAH! ITS A REVELATION

like that ma. it was so flipping good i cried tears of joy eating it.

and happy 1st day of orientation!! i'm going to miss you and the rest very very very very much!

- a L E x - said...

@vonn: .......!! the pasta wasnt as heavenly as favola's lor T.T!!!

William said...

@Vonn: Fret not, no hard feelings really. I'm commenting based on the scenario not the person. ;D. Alex sure tak sampai hati one.

VONN said...

@alex: wah. its damn good ok. i cannot say favola's tak good la, coz i have yet to try. tariq owes me carbonara. i dunno why that time i didn't take when he offer -_-

@william: ok then. but he didn't slap me la.

@alex: cannot slap ok. i damn sensitive when people touch/hit my face. i friend you banyak!!

- a L E x - said...

@vonn: claim the offer again once you see him :P! ok no slap, strangle saje, its the neck not the face. or cucuk u non stop! I know the sensitive parts >:D!!

VONN said...

yer. you sound damn peen tai. please. no daikon ok.. hahahahha

and i asked when i saw him, i think he forgot liao. sad case

- a L E x - said...

ehhh~~ I dun mean that ok! You're the bian tai one T_T!!! daikon is only for the lezzers :P

VONN said...

you were the one who wanna use daikon on her ok!!!!!