Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pastry; Asian Dessert

This week is a pretty funny week. God knows why we are to suddenly make asian desserts. I'm not a big fan of it for sure.... x.x

Menu of the day:
Kuih Apam Gula Hangus
Kuih Karipap Pusing


Step 1; Roll the oily doll and place in the middle of the other dough
Photobucket

Step 2: Wrap the oily dough nicely
Photobucket

Step 3: Flatten it and roll
Photobucket

Step 4: Place the curry filling
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Step 5: Seal it neatly
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Voila!! Demonstration done by Hana
My goodness she's so pro! LoL... Took me like 5 tries to get it semi-perfectly done >_<
Photobucket

Photobucket

Step 6: DEEP FRY *_*
Photobucket


The kuih apam gula hangus.... not my cup of tea for desserts x.x!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Not a very challenging pastry class....We were sort of left on our own throughout the whole class. Our French chef is not good in it and I guess he just doesn't wanna bother about it. Oh well... At least I learnt how to make curry puffs :P

No comments: