Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ching Ming

Somehow, time really is flying very fast... Each year when it's time to visit the graves, it's as though I just visited it few weeks ago. Honestly, I'm not very fond to visiting but it's a tradition that should not be broken. Visited my dad's side of the family last week and today's for my mum's grandmama. It's a good thing that my great grandmama is buried in P.J and need not travel far to pray. Can afford to wake up a little late too :P

The weather this morning was definitely a cooling and breezy one. Not the usual hot days with the scorching sun piercing through your skin causing instant tanning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Offerings to the God of Land (Tin Dei Gong)
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Was very annoyed with Dad. He is somewhat pretty selfish and VERY disrespectful at times. As much as I don't believe in traditional prayers procedures, I still respect. Dad's always in a rush for who knows why and tried to finish the prayers asap. I don't see him doing that when he's at his dad's grave. *coughs*

Aside from that, it was a really peaceful day for prayers. My great grandmama must be very happy. Apparently, mum burnt her some bonia shoes and her favourite cosmetics LOL.

"Dear, Great Grandmama! Please bless mummy with good health and dad's too. That's all that matters!", I prayed before bidding her my goodbyes :). Mummy's always priority in my prayers.


Headed down to Taman Paramount for breakfast after the prayers. I was brought up in the P.J area and I love love love to have breakfast at Restaurant O&S. Only there that I'd be able to find my favourite Penang Chee Cheong Fun!

They're quite famous for their Yong Tau Foo as well, but to some people it isn't the best. So far the best I've tasted was by Joe's mum. Totally awesome, especially the Foo Chuk!
Photobucket

Penang Chee Cheong Fun
Oh my! I just can't get enough of it. So far, this is the only place that sells chee cheong fun with har kou in it. It's so thin and silky and is absolutely excellent with the sauce mixed with sesame seeds and deep fried shallots. I would say that it's an acquired taste. Not everyone loves to eat har kou I guess?
Photobucket


After breakfast, we headed down to SFX Church to pay a visit to Mum's sister. The mass has finished and it wasn't jam with cars and people. It's been quite some time since I was there. Felt so peaceful when I entered the church.

Dad, again, being disrespectful, rushed us to be quick and gave a honk to indicate us to be faster. It was barely FIVE minutes since we entered. Got really annoyed... but did not really let it get to me. Me and Mum continued standing and say our prayers and burn some candles for my aunt :).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Till next year for another visit~

3 comments:

savante said...

Surprised they used the word expired rather than died!

- a L E x - said...

@Savante: I know right? Hahaha...

William said...

Yes, that word caught my eye too. Like something that is known beforehand.