These are one of the very rare days where I've been craving for Dimsum. Well, being the picky me, I would want to try a few new dishes out of the normal ones. I know I can only get them from restaurants in hotels. That leads to my research on Chinese restaurants available in town :D. According to most food bloggers, I found that Li Yen of Ritz Carlton was one of the best in town for their Dimsum.
I was contemplating whether to head back to Celestial Court of Sheraton Imperial and Li Yen of Ritz Carlton. I know that the dimsum served at Celestial Court is good. But never try others, never know ;).
So yeah, headed down to the Ritz Carlton for LiYen! Surprisingly, its quite sempit inside lol. The decor was nice just not so good for photography purposes. That's one of my dissatisfaction.
Table setting of Li Yen *.*
Salmon Chee Cheong Fun
It's their monthly promotion and it seems pretty interesting and decided to try out. Sad to say, it was a disappointment. The salmon was tasteless and the best part is, the whole dish was tasteless. Want flavours? Just add some horseradish dip and voila, you only taste horseradish, nothing else.
Scallop Dumpling
Wouldn't say it's too bad :)
Har Gao (Prawn Dumpling)
Woah! They are huge! Nice and thin skin, not making it too chewy kind of texture. The prawns were nicely steamed to perfection too.
Deep Fried Crispy Prawn and Mango
I personally feel anything deep fried can never go wrong :P. Just that I would prefer a bit more mango in the filling. Couldn't taste any mango at all... But I enjoyed this dish still :)
Char Siew Bao ( BBQ Pork Bun )
Not too bad either. Hmm, I'd just say, you can get better ones elsewhere :P.
Wu Kok (Deep fried Taro Balls)
My favourite dish of all dimsum, and this was a huge disappointment! The filling was so little. The yam isn't sweet at all. I could only taste the har mai (dried shrimp).
Ho Yip Fan (Rice wrapped with Lotus Leaf)
The moment it came, I was totally shocked with the portioning of it. It was rather small and could finish it in like 3 spoons. Not enough seasoning either.
I would only rate it a 6/10 for Li Yen in terms for their food. Nothing to scream about honestly. Maybe they are only good for their ala carte menu instead of the dimsum. The manager's service was rather bad as well. He gave me the bill and did not even say 'thank you'. Sorry, I just cannot accept it especially for people who're in the service line. It's not like the restaurant was fully occupied either.
Should try the Zing restaurant of The Grand Millenium soon ;)










5 comments:
You have successfully butchered Li Yen.
who did you go with?
utter disappointment HOR. haha owh well, so far i haven't found THE place for dim sum yet, but hong ling in USJ taipan will do good for now
hmmm..i wish to find halal dimsum buffet...hehehe
@William: Well, maybe that day, I wasnt a very lucky customer xD
@Vonn: Someone? :P
@Tempus: Hmm, so far the one tat satisfy me is from Sheraton KL's :). Will try out at Hong Ling soon when I've got the time~
@Ash: There are halal dimsums available. But for buffet wise, I aint sure la LoL.
Post a Comment