It is almost end of the term and it seems like amongst all the lecturer, we feel more closer to our French Lecturer, Mr. Y. And so, one of my friends suggested to organize a gathering for all of us before sitting for our finals and graduating. At first some suggested to go to dai-chow (a big noooo for me lol) and some said Pyramid. Later then we found out that there's this new restaurant that opened not long ago. So we decided that there's the place we shall head to and have our gathering :)
Onigiri

The Onigiri looks so cute, just like in those Japanese cartoons...it is also dam big btw for the fact that it is only Rm6.50. It will definitely make you feel very full as you can see, it is 98% just rice.
Gyouza

The Gyouza isn't that great as I feel that there's a lack of seasoning? But it is served hot and fresh and the filling is oh so juicy! I bet if there's enough seasoning, it'll be a mouthwatering dish for sure.
Soft Shell Crab Maki

Oh...this is my favourite most! It's so big and the filling was there. The sushi chef is indeed skillful as the food speaks for itself. The maki was wrapped tightly that you can afford to take 2 bites off it instead of shoving it all into your mouth. Well, they say that it's usually all eaten in 1 bite, but I just prefer having at least 2 bites hehe. And yeah, this dish, is A-MUST-TRY.
Aburi Salmon Maki

This is another delicious dish that was in their signature section of their menu. I was very tempted to order the Unagi Maki but I was sorta having a tight budget and decided to order a cheaper one instead. Little did I know that this maki, was definitely worth my money! Fresh salmon and a lil drizzle of Japanese mayo, and there's also soft shell crabs inside as the filling. Yummy!
Ika Natto (Fermented beans)


I did not really know how to enjoy this delicacy and besides, I did not ordered it anyway. It was my friend's. The presentation of this dish was just so nice that I could not resist not snapping a photo of it!
For Japanese food lovers! Nihonkai is definitely one of the place you would wanna step in and try their fresh and delicious foods! The price is quite high, but always remember that when you're going to a Japanese restaurant they don't come with cheap prices. Besides, Nihonkai serves you dishes that are worth paying for! Portioning size is there, flavours are good, freshness is there. What else is there to ask for? And dammit! I forgot to try their black sesame ice cream! T.T
Address:
2, Jalan PJS 8/18
Dataran Mentari
46150 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
2 comments:
Never wanted to try onigiri. Seems like a whole lotta rice!
@William: Hahaha yeah. But it's cute and got so tempted snapping a photo of it :P
Post a Comment