Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Another Cook Day II

It was a lovely Tuesday where I had no class and is able to wake up late. It's been awhile since I'm able to do so! It's usually waking up very early in the morning and will be home very late. Despite all that, I had promised myself to take this whole day to study for my Human Resources subject.

Mum and dad had left to the new house; knowing that I would not want to go (cos there ain't no internet there!). It was at around 1pm plus where I realized that both of them had left and not informing me! And so I called my mum asking if she headed out to buy lunch.

**ring...ring...ring...**

Me: You went to buy lunch?

Mum: No. Me and papa went to the new house already!

Me: Omg! Means no lunch for me?? :O

Mum: I called you so many times already asking if you wanted to have lunch or not. But you didn't answer me. Call, call, call also cannot hear. *ya da yada ya da*

Me: Ooops....I think I turned on my songs a lil too loud till I cannot hear :x.

Mum: See la. That's why! You go and settle your own lunch.

Me: Ok....T.T


I've got no choice but to prepare my own lunch then. Usually if I'm not that hungry, I am able to afford skipping lunch and waiting all the way till dinner. But not for today! I was indeed starving already. I headed to the fridge digging for ingredients and wondering what to make.
Should I make pasta? or fish? or chicken? Hmmm... It all seems a lil boring or too troublesome to make a simple lunch. (I needed to study! I cannot afford to spend 3hours in the kitchen preparing for a fine-dining lunch)

Then, it hit me where I saw my Arborio rice! Risotto it was! Got my white button mushrooms and zuchini. Oh, did I not mention I love vegetables? :D

Mushroom & Zuchini Risotto
But let me tell you this... This dish ain't healthy! I dropped in 50g of butter into the risotto! Oh so rich, flavourful and creamy :P
I gave it a little pinch of cumin and cajun spices to enhance the flavour a lil bit more too :D

And yeap! That was my simple yet unhealthy lunch xD.

***
Right after lunch, I went and write down my own notes for the exam. And halfway 'studying', I somehow had the urge to prepare dinner too. Mum bought 2 whole fishes and a whole duck for me as I requested for it (it was for me to practice for my finals in the kitchen practical exam). So I decided to prepare dinner. Went to prep and neglecting my studying period... I just finished writing notes and have not started studying.

I decided to cook fish cos it was the easiest of all. And to make sauces for fish is also pretty simple yet delicious!
So, the menu for my dinner is

Pan-seared Fish served with Garlic Cream Sauce accompanied by Vegetable Bayaldi & Potato Lyonnaise

Dammit! I over seasoned one of my vegetable bayaldi! So so salty..... :S
My fish was slightly salty too. But I know it was perfect for the juries' taste because they have the savoury tooth and I don't. So it should be fine, I guess. The potato was good! Hehe

Then comes the washing up part........*screams*
I hate doing the dishes. Gah!

And you know what? Later that night, I got distracted by another episode of Gossip Girl and did not study. Hahahahaha! So much for my will for studying xD.

6 comments:

Jason said...

omg the Pan-seared Fish looks nice!!!
study!!! D: LOL

- a L E x - said...

@Jason: Thanks! I know, I know....I'll study hehe. Luckily I had 2hours to study b4 heading in for the exam, the next day xD

William said...

I think if you cut your salt by half, things would be perfect!

- a L E x - said...

@William: Hahaha...sometimes it may be perfect for me, but for the judges, it may be too bland :(

Jared Vincent said...

I wish I've got a bf who can cook for me and I can cook for him and we can cook together =D

- a L E x - said...

@Jared: Hahaha. Don't worry, I'm sure you'd be able to find one soon :D