Mummy has made a booking for a Christmas' Eve dinner at a nearby cafe, Cafe Nambawan. Okay, I know the name's a lil funny but heck cares, so long as they serve decent foods aite? :P
The restaurant was fully booked as walk in customers were kindly asked to leave as they had not made any reservations.
In the menu there were:
***
Appetizer:
Creamy Pumpkin and Tomato Soup
Main Course:
Roasted Butter and Thyme Chicken with Walnut and Mushroom Stuffing
or
Roasted Beef Tenderloin
or
Roasted Pork Spare Ribs
Dessert:
Blueberry Tiramisu
***
Upon arrival, the meals were served immediately. First came the soup, and it tasted real good!
It was sweet and very smooth, and you taste the tomatoes as the result of the after taste. I'd say that this is a very good appetizer to start with!
The roasted chicken was for my mum. I knew she would not be able to finish it immediately. Well, we're definitely sharing, but my dad who is not the sharing kind of person just refuses to try other people's dish unless forced by my mum. The chicken was not bad, but not a to-die-for dish. I didn't like the stuffing as it tastes weird to me. Perhaps just not the correct combination of flavours?

Then this beef tenderloin was mine as dad does not take beef and mum does not really like beef. It was totally overcooked. Thank god it was not tough to chew. Nothing special about it too. I can tell the sauce is just a simple espagnole (brown sauce).

The pork spare ribs was the bomb, seriously. And yeap, this was my dad's dish. He was complaining all the way that it was too salty and had totally lost his appetite. But yeah, I knew he never had a western tongue to begin with. So I just ate his remaining left overs.... It was damn good but not appreciated by a Chinaman, OH WELL, HIS LOSS :P

Dessert time! The most crucial part. Yes, I'm very particular when it comes to dessert! The name of it was a lil turn off already cos I just don't feel right having a Tiramisu with blueberries...
It's just plain weird, don't you think so? =/
When I took my first bite, I immediately knew it was cream cheese instead of mascarpone cheese. But oh well. Personally I do not like it but generally it was okay. Credits are given to it also as there were a lil alcohol content in it. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment