Me and Joe knew Christmas was coming and we should definitely plan a gathering amongst ourselves as by that time, our exams has finally finished. I suggested that we make our own degustation menu as having a barbeque all the time is pretty sickening and too cliche. I'm not a really big fan of steamboats either lol. Thus, the gathering is held at Joe's as the area is bigger and easier for food preparations.
We went groceries shopping together with Andrew at Mid Valley and had our brunch at Little Penang. Bought loads of ingredients and I think we somehow went over budget? :P
The menu that we've planned:
Appetizers:
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Trio of Bruschettas
Caesar Salad
Main Course:
Roasted Lemon & Herb Chicken
Pork Burger
Truffle Mash Potatoes
Pasta with White Wine Sauce
Dessert:
Oreo Cheesecake
Tang Yuan [Failed; wrong usage of flour]
Dark and White Chocolate Mousse [Failed; no space in the fridge]
Apple Strudels [Failed; Filo pastry expired]
Mise-En-Place for the mushroom soup
Busy Andrew making Tang Yuan
Making the Spicy Cheese and Olives Foccacia
Roasted Lemon & Herbs Chicken
Mushroom Cappuccino!
Trio of Bruschettas;
Tomato & Basil, Mushroom Duxelles & Bolognaise
Caesar Salad & Pasta with White Wine Sauce
Pork Burger, Roasted Chicken & Truffle Mash Potatoes
Dinner was indeed delicious and we had a wonderful time! Sadly Vonn, Chriss and Michael could not make it....But no worries, we'll definitely have more gathering feasts in the future!
*Psst....CNY is coming! >:D*










9 comments:
OMG!!! Everything looks so good!!!
wow what is that mushroom capuccino?it taste like what?
"Pasta with White Wine Sauce"... it has become your signature dish?
What happened to the Tang Yuan?
omd. black truffle oil who's one? i've been wanting to buy! but so guilty!!
@Calvin: Thanks! Looks good, tastes good :P
@Ash: It tastes just like mushroom soup. The foam is tasteless. Just for presentation purposes that makes it look like a cappuccino :)
@William: ><! I'm still having my white wine and couldn't finish it, so make white wine sauce lor hehehe!
@Vonn: Le noir truffle oil c'est moi :). Il est tres cher! :O cinquante-six T.T
Omg what an awesome feast that looks!
I waaaaaaant! Hummph.
@Vin: Host a party? :P
PORK BURGER?! I wish I was invited :(
c'est trop cher T_T
Post a Comment