Hello world!
It seems like forever since I last blogged. Well, let's just say I was just too busy lazing around till there was no time slot to fit in for blogging. Due to that, I did not cook or bake anything throughout the past weeks and is feeling guilty.
Okay, I did bake something which I had done many times and feel that there's no point blogging about it anyways :P.
Wondering what I was doing home all day long? I would say that I'm actually quite outdated with movies in 2010. A reason why is that I'm actually lazy to go to the cinema and decides to just buy the dvd instead. Well, let's just say it's a good thing for me!
I knew one of the days that when I'm having my holidays, with no plans but to just stay home all day, I'd be able to watch a whole loads of movies! And so I did.
I just watched this movie, It's Complicated, this afternoon. I thought that it would be a pretty boring show but was proven wrong. It is totally entertaining, filled with loads of mature jokes plus the acting of the oh-so-fabulous, Meryl Streep. She plays the role of an owner of a marvelous bakery and I was totally inspired by it! Okay, I get inspired easily when it relates to food. Gosh....
After the movie, it got me daydreaming...
How great if I would own a bakery like hers. The pictures below are a few examples, extracted from the movie.
The lovely pastries displayed for customers to eat with their eyes first. Oh so delicious!

Let's just say my dreams aren't that high to be frank. Just a small bakery will do. I'd like a nice cozy, rustic, country yet contemporary designed bakery. I'd love the bakery to be filled with the smell of freshly baked bread and pastries, immediately out of the oven. Not forgetting the aromas of freshly brewed coffees as well.
I'd love to wake up in the morning, take my sweet time and head to work like around 10 in the morning? Entering my own bakery, welcomed with the smell of the foods in the oven, seeing a horde of hot customers dying to get my products :P
Having your own bakery has loads of benefits aside from earning big bucks xD! Imagine when you're hungry and is feeling lazy to cook, just head down to your own bakery and voila, just grab whatever and go. Aside from that....it would be super romantic that when you've finished a date and instead of the oh-so-cliche, 'let's make love tonight', routine, bring your date to ur bakery and make him/her something super good to eat accompanied with a cuppa hot chocolate and just end the night with a very nice and soothing chat. *Swoons*Okay, that's my super far dream. May not be even realistic =(
However, I MUST HAVE A BIG KITCHEN! It's a goal and not just a dream.
I need a lot of working space. I cannot tolerate small working areas. Gosh! Its so hard to prep when the place is so small! What more when you are hosting a small party. I need at least 4 sinks too haha! One is never enough. I absolutely cannot tolerate that either. I would love love love the kitchen to be located at an area where there will be loads of sunlight.
The sunlight makes your day. I cannot stand gloomy skies without sunlight. Which probably explains why I never see UK as a place for me to live. I find it one of the most gloomy places to live in. I NEED SUNLIGHTS! Also, it's good for photography purposes; makes the food more alive yo!
Oh, oh, oh! I love woods too! Wooden cabinets, wooden chairs (but with a soft cushion for sure), wooden working station. So rustic... Ever noticed that in most movies featuring major about food, the kitchen furniture is always all wood? Damn, I sound like such a hippie for woods.


Okay, enough of dreams..... Hahaha!

2 comments:
YES, WINDOWS!!!! i'll have all my herbs growing on the window sill!!!
mentioning about sunlight...reminds me of my facebook food picture,the blue jelly have some purple hue due to sunlight effect on the photograph...nice^^
Post a Comment