Just when I finished work, I rushed home to start making macarons. My 1st attempt, I used my chef's recipe. The batter was not bad, just that the mixer was a bit problematic when I tried making my italian meringue =.=. The sugar crystallizes too fast and in result, many rocky sugars in the meringue. So yeah, threw away the whole thing. Second attempt, used one of Malaysia's top pastry chef's recipe. Okay it was my fault this time for being lazy to blend the ground almonds and icing sugar together. So in the end, when i was trying to pipe the mixture out, it clogs my piping bag due to the very lumpy ground almonds. Threw again. 3rd attempt, still using the 2nd attempt's recipe, everything was okay. But when into the oven, less than 5minutes, the macarons started to rise and crack. I gave up. Lucky enough, I managed to save 8 pieces.
So I thought, "oh my gosh! Only eight pieces!". And so, I decided to bake a mascarpone cheese cake. Okay I admit, I love trying out new things lol. Sad to say, the cheesecake failed too. Very rough texture. And so, I decided that it wouldn't be a perfect gift.
Cleaned the kitchen, wash the equipments, clear everything. Sleep.
Next morning, I couldn't just go with an empty promise. So I just gave those 8 macarons.
I'm glad that you're happy! And in return from you, a lovely and beautifully taken picture. Thanks a lot!
2 comments:
From admirer? ^_^
i didnt received it. i delivered it :P
Post a Comment