Friday, January 6, 2012

Auld Lang Syne


Another day where everyone's so hyped up and anxious to head down to the major hot places to have their count down for the New Year! It also kind of means that it's a busy day for certain hotels. Sadly I had to work  afternoon shift; 2pm-10pm. But it's okay. I get to enjoy snapping photos for the day.

Got to work early and it seems like everyone is working on that day. The environment was very peaceful and cheerful. Everybody was feeling the hype and celebration for the New Year! Laughter all around the kitchen. If and only it will be like this all the time @@". 

But oh well~ I finished my work quite early and I've got nothing much to do so I just started snapping photos around xD. 

Photobucket

Photobucket


At 5.30pm, everyone went out to the buffet to set up the dessert line and started taking pictures. Only the pastry kitchen crew were taking pictures. Other kitchens seems so moody and totally not in the mood to celebrate. Oh well~ mind my own business :P. 

I think we spent like close to half an hour to finish snapping photos hahahaha! One of the trainees even commented that the Pastry Kitchen crews are so vain :P. 

Photobucket



Tapas selection
Photobucket

Salad bar 
Photobucket

So glam man~ Variety of salts to put on the salad. Though I highly doubt many people would use them. 
Photobucket

Roasted Baby Lamb
Photobucket


Indian Section; Meridien's Buffet is quite famous for their Indian cuisine and I have to admit it's pretty awesome especially their tandoori chicken :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Chocolate fountains~
Photobucket

Strawberry MilleFeuille
Photobucket

Lemon Meringue Pie
Photobucket

Chocolate Mousse & Orange Jelly Cake
Photobucket

Homemade Apple Strudels; I was so amazed that they actually made it from scratch! Learnt something new :P
Photobucket

Greentea Mousse with Lychee in Chocolate Cups. 
Photobucket

Vanilla Bavarois on Macaron 
Photobucket


After finished camwhoring, went back to the kitchen and realized that Prime was also having a fabulous and grand set menu which costs up to RM300++ per person. Dang!!

So I followed my Pastry Chef to kaypoh around. Hehe! I'd never go to that kitchen without any company x.x 

I had a small part in making this Dino Egg dessert! So pretty :O! Inside is filled with coffee mousse :)
Photobucket

Some Prawn dish. No clue what's the name hahaha!
Photobucket

Sad to say that there was another 3 more dishes that I couldn't snap cause it has been eaten =.=! URghhhhhhh.... but whatever. Headed back to the Pastry Kitchen and my Pastry Chef just finished a Birthday cake for some VVIP's son. Was assigned to set up the function room at the Grand Ceylon for the birthday dinner.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

***

He was very keen on taking me out to celebrate the eve but somehow I had to admit that I do not really have the spirit as it's been 2 decades and I do not celebrate it. So, he fetched me from Asia Jaya and asked me where should we go. Being the clueless me I really do not know where to go. The only thing I thought of was Snowflakes hahaha! So yeah, story short, we ended up at Asia Cafe SS15 lol. Had Ikan Bakar, Char Kuey Teow and Snowflakes. Thought we could see some fireworks as it's near Sunway but unfortunately there was a tall building blocking =_=! Being lame, we watched fireworks via youtube. Yeap, sad isn't it? Lol... But anyway what matters most to me was being able to see him saje. Humble much (chehwah :P).


***

Recently just watched New Year's Eve after work at Mid Valley. I find it a pretty inspiring movie and will look forward to celebrate the eve from now on! :). We both loved the story of Zac Efron's character where he has to fulfill a woman's 10 resolution in a day in order to get some party ticket. Thanks to this, He now want's to exchange our 10 resolutions and are suppose to help fulfill it by 31st Dec 2012. I'm so lazy to think ahhahaha.... It's always the same old cliche resolutions LoL!


Let's see....

  1. I want a new phone 
  2. I want to do well in my studies~ 
  3. I want to drive for the very least. It's been 2 years plus since I've not drove =(((
  4. I want to bake more, hopefully with a new oven and mixer LOL. 
  5. I want to have a special vacation~
  6. I want to dine in Nathalie's Gourmet!
  7. Perhaps hitting the gym (I'm seriously gaining weight in the bad way lol)
  8. To be a better person :)
  9. Fulfill my promises without any bad obstacles
  10. DOGGY!! T_T (No worries, I've been carrying on to this resolution for 2 decades now. No harm carrying forward for a few more years)








7 comments:

tuls said...

doggy style? lolllllllllll

Anonymous said...

Nice pic :p

- a L E x - said...

@tuls: real dog la =((((

@Calvin: thanks xD still got lots to learn in terms of photography x.x

Anonymous said...

wah, your food pics le, made me gone foodgasm

Robinn T said...

wah just to see him siot~ oh well, time for my blog post also.

savante said...

The food looks amazing. ANd dammit now I'm hungry again!

- a L E x - said...

@malimo: some of ur food pics makes me go foodgasm too xD

@Tempus: See who? @@". Yeah updates yo!

@Savante: aiks aiks... eating is a bliss ma xD.