Thursday, January 12, 2012

Makan-Makan


Lovely Saturday and it was my off day! Accompanied him to Pantai Hospital for medical check up and man was it crowded. Waited like mad hahahaha! Then the service provided was a little negligent as the nurse forgot about his file and we were waiting like some dumb people. Later he had to do an x-ray and urine test. The x-ray area was like super crowded and thank God it was fast for him hahaha. While waiting I had to walk to the other end of the hospital to submit his urine test form. Even if I did the urine test for him, no one would've known x.x! But anyway I did not. Ran back all the way to the x-ray room and pass him the test tube and ran back all the way. So tiring x.x!

After everything has been settled and it was time for lunch and as usual it will always be a problem deciding where to eat. Then just earlier I was reading my Flavours Magazine and it featured some restaurant and it was in Bangsar and thus we headed down to Bangsar Village. Upon arrival and in search for the restaurant, it was no where to be found. Checked my magazine again and it was my fault for reading it wrongly LOL~ It was actually at Damansara.... But anyways we walked around and ended up at another restaurant which was also featured in a foodie blogger. Looks interesting and gave it a try.

The restaurant name's F concept Dining by Buffalo Kitchens. Pretty eye catching eh? The interior is very simple and cozy. Small library available as well.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Complimentary bread
The bread was soft but not very much to my liking as the crust was soft as well. 
Photobucket


Confit of Salmon with Fennel & Nori along with Pesto Sauce
I'm not very sure about their definition of confit but it was supposed to be cooked on the outside and raw on the inside as to what the waitress had told me. However, the fish seems to be fully cooked. But nevertheless, it is a simple yet delicious meal. Combination of the flavours were great. Would've been better if it was cooked through sousvide  :D.
Photobucket

Seafood Aglio Olio Pasta
I was in the mood for pasta as usual. Wanted to order the squid ink pasta but the pasta dough was not prepared so I had to change and the waitress recommended this dish. She was pretty confident in upselling it buy sad to say I was rather disappointed with it. The portion's quite small I would say for the price that I'm paying. Seafood isn't that much as well; 1 scallop, 2 prawns 6 clams. Due to this, He was pretty upset and gotten really quiet after the meal. Takutnyer aku lol....
Photobucket

I knew He wasn't full as I was not. He eats twice the amount of what I eat, so yeah, if I'm not full means he isn't LOL. So we decided to walk around finding for another place to eat and we ended up at another concept restaurant in Bangsar Village which was also featured in Flavours magazine. There were 2 choices specializing in either Noodles or Rice. He's a rice lover so yeah, we ended up having rice.

Photobucket

Such a cute menu. Reminds me so much of primary school lol! 
Photobucket

We ordered tea and our cups came followed by these 2 clay pottery. We both had some blonde moments thinking that it was our tea hahaha! Manatau it's actually soy sauce and dried chili flakes. 
Photobucket

Lovely Aromatic Greentea & Rice Tea. 
Photobucket

White Radish Soup
A little salty to my liking but He loves it :).
Photobucket

Teo Chew Porridge
I ordered this as I thought it was like he yummy one with the fermented black beans (Tausi) and braised peanuts. I was pretty disappointed when it came as there weren't any black beans and braised peanuts! But it's fine at least they gave me salted egg xD. There were 8 mini condiments to go with. Added everything except the bittergourd. 
Photobucket


YUMS!!Photobucket

Ayam Percik Rice with Ulam 
Lovely dish as well. At first it didn't taste good as we ate it like individually but after mixing up everything and that's when the magic of the food started to wow us! Amazing~
Photobucket

Black Glutinous Rice (Pulut Hitam/ Hak Loh Mai)
My favourite but I was too full to finish it. Dammit! lol
Photobucket

After lunch we headed down to KLCC to visit another concept restaurant which He was dying to visit while in conjunction I would like to pay a visit to a chef of mine at the Education Fair. We stopped by at the education fair first and to my surprise at the Sunway University booth, they had like sugar pulling demonstration and some petit fours. At first I didn't notice properly until it hits me!! The Pastry Masterchef of Malaysia, a Meilleurs d'Ouvrier de France (MOF) Chef, Jean Francois Arnauld was in front of me!! My idol~~~ Quickly go snappy a picture with him hehehe! :P


Photobucket


After a short chat and catching up with my chef, we went to the Charlie Brown Cafe. Cute place but upon arrival there was this strong oily smell which was coming (assuming) from the waffle machine. When I saw the menu I was shocked looking at the price. Not very nice food that they offer. He felt bad not buying anything from it  I guess and decided to buy a slice of Mango cheesecake. The moment I tasted it he automatically knew I disliked it hahaha! Like duhh, I could definitely make a much more yummy one :P.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

His hands gotten a lil itchy and bought himself a Snoopy figurine. 
Photobucket

Conclusion of the day, I realize that we ate a lot =_=!! M'aider M'aider!! Exercise in need >_<

4 comments:

tuls said...

seems like you guys had lots of fun and food !!! i also wantttttttttttttttttttt!!!! :)

soul232 said...

3 shops in one evening!!!!wow, u guys really into food a lot

Anonymous said...

look so yummy, that salmon and black rice porridge

Robinn T said...

wah fine dining makan sial.. nvm la i stick to my cina food better, save cost.