As we all know yesterday was Mother's Day and most of us as children would bring their mum somewhere nice or rather buy them something nice. If possible I'd definitely like to bake mummy something nice but unfortunately, as much as she loves dessert, but she's not allowed to consume food that's sweet. So it's kinda pretty difficult.
Hence, I've planned to take her to Celestial Court, Sheraton Imperial, for lunch. Being the lazy ass me, I did not made any reservations and when we got there, all the small tables were reserved and no place for us... (I know, I know, it's all my fault)
So how? I asked if they wanted buffet instead and my dad agreed. So down we go to the coffee house, Essence, for our buffet. Before that, I wanted to suggest heading down to Shang Palace, Shangri-La, but knowing dad's bad temper, he'd say no. So why bother? x.x
We were greeted by the manager, Ms. Rose. At first she couldn't recognize me but later on she did (but dammit, no discount :P)
Also, we were given complimentary Macarons. Lovely and cute ain't it? :D
I'm so sorry, but I just do not know how to snap good pics of buffet food as everything's so scattered on the plate >_
Japanese food from the Sushi Bar
The sushi rice was bad, but the unagi, sake and ebi were good. The maki was nice too. Ironic isn't it? The sushi's rice was hard and dry but the maki was fine O.O"
My favourite soup from Sheraton!!
Spicy Pumpkin Soup
(however, I found something in it but I didn't wanna make a big fuss)
No idea why, but I had not much appetite to eat when it came to the main course. I just ate bits and bits of this and that. I'd have to say that I enjoy the appetizer section the most lol. Maybe it's just me loving vegetables :P
Desserts!!
I'd have to say that the menu for Mother's Day wasn't very much my cup of tea. There were loads of mousses and I'm not a big fan of mousse.
Berries Creme Brulee
(but I dun see no burnt sugar? @@)
Milk foam with berries. Very light and nice. But I just dislike the weird marinated strawberries
Hazelnut Dacquoise Opera Cake
(the left's is the blackforest and right is some raspberry chocolate tart.
Due to some people who does not know how to cut them nicely, it's all ruined!)
Mon pere, Ma Mere et Moi ;)
Oh oh, it was Vonn's last day at Sheraton and we met up. It's like been a decade since we've not seen each other :O! Mum wanted me to follow her to the new house, but as usual I'm always reluctant to go back there :P. And since I found out that Vonn's gonna go down to Pavilion, quickly I asked mum if I could go (puppy face). Of course mummy says ok and dropped us off to Pavilion~
Oh and initially, I was suppose to pay for lunch but since my plan didn't work out and headed for buffet instead, it was over my budget. When we were done with our meals, dad secretly walked to the cashier and paid. Thumbs up for daddy! LOL
( I know I sound like some bad son...but it's time for daddy to give mummy something xD)
( I know I sound like some bad son...but it's time for daddy to give mummy something xD)









6 comments:
haha its okay! that's the reason we bring DAD along to these places! haha and say! perfect blend between your mum and dad on your face!
The MUM macaroons are cute.
@ Tempus: LoL really? we blend nicely? xD
@William: I know right~ They were quite good too *_*!
To Alex's mommy: Hello aunty! thanks for the assam(s) the other day! LOL XD
OMG! Seriously, has anyone told you all three of you look so alike? If your family enter those look-alike competition, sure win! Lol... Happy Mother's Day to your mother and may her be healthy and happy always :)
Jason: hahaha xD. So long as u enjoy them, no probs :D
Calvin: lol! thanks xD!
Post a Comment