Saturday, May 14, 2011

Baked Alaska

Another week for pastry class. We're required to make like some frozen nougat(which sucks lol) and this Baked Alaska. I don't get it why is it called 'baked' when inside is ice cream. By the time you bake it, all the ice cream inside's gonna melt? Hmm... But oh well, a yummy dessert nevertheless ;)

After making this dessert, I'm pretty desperate for an ice cream maker/ pacojet. Screw things for being so pricey :(!!

Anyway it is made of chocolate and pistachio ice cream, lined with genoise (sponge) and topped with meringue.

Assembling:

Once frozen, remove from the mould. Look at those yummy velvety ice cream *-*
Photobucket

Make the meringue and pipe it onto the ice cream :D
Photobucket

Take the torch and lightly burn the meringue to give colour and make it 'warm'.
Photobucket

Then, cut and indulge into the heavenly yummy dessert!! :D
Photobucket

This class got me really annoyed thanks to the Chef. Next class we gotta make petit fours. I'm so going to just make the simple ones and let the rest do the technical ones. Fed up already.
*roll eyes*

4 comments:

Vonn said...

omgg. i want pls!!!!!! and the previous one at jaya33. i thought there was gonna be way more food. but for so much, i guess RM69 is quite ok la. hahaha.

William said...

Looks interesting! Why so grumpy? :P

J-boy said...

I love what u did with the torch, so cool! :)
And a man who cooks is HOT hahaha ;)

- a L E x - said...

@vonn: Sponsor/pinjam an ice cream maker and i make for u :D. The wine tasting, though quite little food but is quite worth it la. I LOVE LOVE the cheese platter~~~ The goat's cheese especially. A to-die-for x.x!!

@William: The chef damn PMS one lor. I kena marah for nothing the whole morning. Killed my mood x.x

@J-Boy: Its quite fun playing with the torch hehe! But very dangerous lol... Awww... perhaps you should cook and then ur be sizzling HOT >:)