Saturday, May 7, 2011

Congrats

Mum came up to me one day asking me to help make a Tiramisu cake for a friend of hers who's getting married soon. Of course, I'd say yes to it without the need of thinking twice. I'm happy and willing enough to make desserts for special occasions ;)

I could've made something else instead but mum insists on the tiramisu as it's her friend's favourite. So tiramisu it is then :P. Wanted to add some cognac in but mum said no =(. Tried playing with chocolates in hopes of making some basic chocolate art but sadly the weather in Malaysia's just too hot and the chocolate just wouldn't harden. Gah!! Only managed to cut out a heart shape chip but in less than 1minute, it wilted =_=!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

There's so much for me to improve on cake decorating... =(! So much that I want to learn but so little time to do so.... If and only I can access a fully equipped kitchen with sponsored ingredients to play with at any time of the day, I'd be a happy child :x.

I've also just watched a documentary on the Meilleurs Ouvrier de France (MOF), which is a pastry competition held every once in four years. It is the most difficult pastry competition ever and also the highest ranking title in France. Whoever wears the blue, red and white scarf would be saluted by any culinarians... If and only one day I'd be able to wear that :P. But I know for now or perhaps 10yrs down the road, I'd still be not ready to participate in that competition... ><

*gulps* I know I'm gonna get some nagging/lecturing soon right after someone kinda reads this post... >_

7 comments:

William said...

At least be the best in Malaysia. Achievable right?

- a L E x - said...

@William: Hahaha, not sure about the best but maybe ONE of the best? That could be achievable i guess xD

Thanks though xD

tuls said...

omg!! youre awesome!! the one you made for us for our anniversary is nice also ok!! i wont jealous de... :) *flips hair*

perasan mode now.. sorry.. hahahaha

Robinn T said...

no problem la!!! should go create the biggest choco heart in msia book of records of something!

劉。心。語 said...

nice cake :)

savante said...

Since you love baking, you really should consider taking it up!

- a L E x - said...

Tuls: Awww hahaha thanks thanks! Next time I'll make a nicer one for you *_*

Tempus: Omg!! I think it's gonna be so difficult due to the weather and all in Msia @@"

I am talented: Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the comment ;)

Savante: I'm sorta contemplating to take pastry or the managerial side after degree. But 80% tells me to head towards the management side cos somehow there's not much future for the pastry side in Malaysia especially... =/. But even if I'm not gonna be in the pastry operations side, I wont stop baking! :D