Monday, May 16, 2011

Commis-ing

My Dai Ka Jie (Lin Yi) called me up one night and asked if I was free to be her commis for her practical class. I just agreed as I would love to have the kitchen's spirit back. Initially I was supposed to make a chicken consomme but it was canceled off last minute as apparently it's not coming out for the exam? But oh well, it was still good :)

Here are the few platings which I find it inspirational and pretty :)


Very fine dining style lol. To me the plating wasn't that nice but the idea was good ;)
Photobucket

My Dai Ka Jie's plating :) Pretty colors lol
Photobucket

Love the concept of using tiles as plates :D! Perhaps I should get a few tiles lol...
Photobucket

Simple and refine but a little too stingy in terms of vegetables? Who would just wanna eat a piece of leaf as a vegetable?? x.x
Photobucket

Right after class, Dai Ka Jie gave me this plate for dinner. Well, it may seem very little, but that's all there is left. None for her but she gave it to me. So sweet ;)
Photobucket

2 comments:

William said...

I don't quite like the plating too.

- a L E x - said...

@william: My other ka jie's class' plating one seems more nicer. Everyone in it seems to be like fighting to be the best lol. Nvm la, at least i did learn something ;)