Three hours or less of sleep before I must awaken and head to college. Woke up at around 6am+ and I was feeling dizzy and lazy. But there's no choice. I had to follow my dad out as he'll send me to college on his way to work. That's my only source of transportation otherwise I'd had to take a cab which I'm so against with.
Classes were from 10am till 11pm. What a long day eh? I thought I could not manage to pull it through for the day as I only had 3 hours of sleep. But I stood strong and make myself more alive!
When it was time to head down to the kitchen and prep for the stations, I was still not motivated for class. Not forgetting that it was raining heavily and the gloomy sky just made me feel more depressed. Usually I'd rush down to kitchen to get the best station for myself but I just took my sweetest most greatest time. I did not prepare my own fiche technique (menu, methods for reference for both me and my commis). I felt pretty bad not preparing one as my commis may have a hard time but I was really down until I could not care any less. (Damn! I sound like an emo freak)
When I was preparing my station for work, I realized something was missing and it took me quite awhile to realize it. I only realized what was my missing thing when I was about to start my mise-en-place(preparation). It was my KNIFE SET! I cannot believe that of all things, I forgot to bring my one and only most precious utensils. This proves that I was super down lol. So, I had to get 1 knife from my friend.
The kitchen class began....
***
First Course, Appetizer: Chilled Green Pea Soup
(My soup failed drastically as it was too watery and light and not creamy instead. Another point to make me feel more sad. Presentation was much more horrible till I had no mood to snap a picture of)
***
Second Course, Main Course: Duo of Chicken
Chicken Stew & Chicken Mousse with Chicken Jus
served with Baked Potatoes, French Beans & Carrot Puree
***
Third Course, Dessert: Mille Feuille served with Pastry Cream & Fruits
First Plating (For jury)
Second Plating (For presentation)
At the end of my class, I thought I did quite well for the fact that I did not do any preparation for class. I was most happy with the end product of my dessert! For my main course, I thought it was gonna be disastrous but seems okay to me. Oh, this class was an exam as well! (I feel so so so ashamed that I knew that it was an exam but I did not do any preparations for it)
When it was time for briefing, my chef gave comments on how we did. He finally said that he now see improvements but we could still do better. He also stated that we definitely deserve more marks than we got today. Then, he took the stack of papers (our results) and distribute them to us. When I got mine, I was kinda shocked, scoring 56/83 for this exam. To an even more big surprise is that I scored the highest for the exam. Okay, it'll be another lie if I'd say that I'm not happy lol. It was kinda hard to digest it as never in a million years I'd see myself scoring the highest. Well, definitely this has boost my confidence and I will try my best to excel in it!
Right after class (11pm), I went for yum-cha session with my friends and gave some counseling to another friend of mine and left at 2am. To my second big surprise is that with a total of only 3hours of sleep, I'm still able to be awake and stand until that late. Got back home, online for awhile, took my long and slow hot shower, made myself a cuppa milo and chat for a bit before sleeping. If I'm not mistaken, I think I slept at 3am lol. Gotta wake up at 9am the next day. Oh poor me! :P
6 comments:
HAHAHAHA!!! I always love to see your desserts! =D
You seems back to the Alex that i know..=D
A samurai going out without his katana!
congrats for scoring / soaring high ^^
Are you specialising in French cuisine? Because most of your presentation looks French style to me. Hahahaha!!! Maybe I'll hire you to cook and prepare for my dinner party in future. So work hard now! But don't charge me too expensive wor. Hehehe... I can't afford high-class chef.
@Dinoric: Lol tq :P
@Will: No katana, but used bamboo :D
@Jason: Thanks thanks!
@CJ: Yeap, specializing in French cuisine. No, you don't wanna hire me as a cook. Maybe just hire me to be ur pastry chef :D
I can't really judge since I only see your food... But it IS damn nice! XD you r talented in the Wa~
Post a Comment