Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Paris, Day 2


It's still hard to believe that I was actually in Paris! Slept pretty well during the night as I was fully exhausted due to a long flight journey without proper rest lol. Woke up at 7am, showered quickly and glam up as our new adventure in Paris awaits us!

Sadly, despite getting ready by 8 isn't doing good as we're delayed waiting for others. Girls somehow will always be girls. They really spend a lot of time to get ready. I was starting to get a little pissed as I've not gotten my cup of hot coffee in the morning. I do admit that I can get a lil cranky and moody if I do not have coffee in the morning. 

To start off the day, we headed to Odeon. I've got no clue what's over there but I just followed the crowd. We went to the subway and took the metro there. It's pretty amazing looking at their metro! Oh so convenient and always crowded. I've heard plenty of stories when taking the metro. There're loads of professional pick pockets! I had to be alert at all cost. Didn't even dare to take out my camera to snap pictures. People there can be quite intimidating as well. Well, we Asians are quite the minority there and plus, we definitely have the 'HEY, I'M A TOURIST!' face. But I certainly do think that me and Joe do not have that face lol. 

Photobucket


We arrived to Odeon at approximately 9.30am. Couldn't remember well. I think Coffee wanted to try out at this restaurant or bistro for breakfast but wasn't sure exactly of the location. So we went round and round in circles trying to figure out where the place was. But in the end we couldn't find and decided to eat else where. Now, that was another problem. There was a lot of clash of ideas as some think that this place was expensive, not appealing, wanting to look for more varieties and compare, etc. 

I was boiling on the inside because I really needed my coffee as I was starting to get a lil headache. They were quite lucky as I was about to explode in a split of seconds and immediately settled down in a small cafe. 

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket


The cafe was appealing to me as there was so many varieties of delicious sandwiches! The server there was a Bangladeshi who speaks very fluent French! To our surprise, he speaks a little Malay too! Definitely to our surprise. We talked to him a little and soon found out he had actually worked in Malaysia for 3 years before. What a coincidence. I'm pretty sure he's way happier working in Paris as compared to Malaysia. Lucky him! 

Breakfast was superb! I had the Tina sandwich with a generous amount of smoked salmon in it! One can never find such sandwich in Malaysia. Not even Subway. Coffee was really good as well. Instead of Cafe au Lait,  they only had  Cafe Creme, coffee with cream! Sinful much! But tastes oh so great! 


Photobucket Photobucket

Right opposite the cafe lies the almighty most prestigious chocolatier with the title Meilleur Ouvrier de France (MOF). Chocolate lovers would definitely fall in love with it. The amount of chocolates in there, wow! I did not buy anything as I'm not really a chocoholic. Nothing much calls for me to buy them. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Next, we made our way to Les Halles. Apparently we've been warned that Les Halles is a very dangerous place in whole of Paris. It's the place where the mafias, gangsters, mobs, and whatever gathers there to create a riot and fights. But somehow we just went there anyways. When we got out of the station, we really do sense an uncomfortable presence at the place. It was rather quiet and empty, almost looking as though the place was deserted. We decided not to hang around there any longer and walk somewhere else. 

We spotted a ginormous and stunning looking church nearby. The architecture was amazing. It was closed probably because it's under renovation or totally just not a tourist spot as it was located in the dangerous area lol. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As we continued walking, we unconsciously found a very big kitchen equipment store! And oh my God, total heaven! It's been what I was looking for! Immediately went in and bought myself 6 round tart moulds. It was so cheap there! Malaysia really do over price everything =.=. Bought myself a St. Honore piping nozzle too. It's only available in France. Happy me! 

Photobucket

It was then time for lunch! I was always looking forward to meal times when in France. Must be the weather and my love for western foods! We decided to dine at one famous restaurant, Au Pied de Cochon. Apparently reviews on it were good so we decided to try it out. It's a little pricey but heck, we're in France! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Thinly shredded smoked pork and salami I think?. It was fabulous especially for a person who doesn't really fancy meat. Baguettes in France are really good too!
Photobucket


Potato Soup for starters. Now, it looks simple like this but when you start to dig in with your spoon and pull it out, oh my! The spoon is coated with the stringy mozzarella cheese! It was so rich and creamy, not forgetting full of flavour! A really nice dish to have especially it was so cold out there. 
Photobucket

Up next, Turkey with tomato sauce and herbed rice. Nothing to scream about but it was decent.
Photobucket

Honey roasted pork served with mashed sweet potatoes. The meat was superbly tender and yeah, I totally enjoyed my dish a lot!
Photobucket

Oven baked fish with lemon sauce. The fish was very fresh but however, it was under seasoned. To make things worst, this fish has so much bones in it =_=! I hate eating fish with loads of bones.
Photobucket

Dessert time!! Spiced poached pear with Bourbon Vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce. It was like THE BOMB! The pears, perfectly poached that it still has the crunch, matching with the velvety aromatic vanilla ice cream together with the caramel sauce! No other words to describe it. I was brought to heaven for a moment!
Photobucket

And lastly, chocolat pot de creme. It was smooth and rich. But my heart has already been taken by the poached pears. Couldn't appreciate this as much haha.
Photobucket

Right after lunch, we checked our map and see where next we could go. We decided to head to Notre Dame. Little did we know, we actually arrived to the Louvre museum first. But we didn't want to go in there first as we were earlier told by our guide that we should head on Friday as it closes at night and the view at night is really beautiful. So we camwhored around before heading to Notre Dame. 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


The bridge of Love~ I totally didn't know about it until I was told that if you put your name and your lover's name on the padlock and lock it on the bridge, your love will stay for eternity. Sadly I didn't have a lock with me and so I promised myself if I were to have a chance on the last day in Paris, I'd come back to put my lock there!
Photobucket Photobucket

Soon after, we have finally arrived to our destination~ I have to admit that all the churches in France are really beautiful. No wonder during medieval times, the church was the almighty powerful ruler or some sort.  
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Look at what I spotted! Below are the robes worn by the Priests long time ago. It seems like the Gay Parade has been supported by the Priests centuries ago xD. Just kidding.
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


A crepe stall nearby Notre Dame.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


It was then time for dinner. Chris wanted to have dinner at a famous restaurant for duck confit. He has been talking about how great it was and we soon found out that he actually never tried it before during his days in France but just judged it by the amount of people who went there >_>. I personally find it pricey to dine there just for duck confit. Fortunately, that the place was fully booked. 

But unfortunately, he decided to have dinner at this Hippopotamus place where it was famous for it's beef burgers. To be honest I am not a big fan of steaks or beef. But oh well, just dine saje la. The food was, h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e.... Beef carpaccio, really bad. Beef burger, super dry and not good. Bad bad bad. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Before dinner, half the group decided to head back to the hotel because they were tired and do not want to spend money anymore. So much for them saying earlier that they wanna fully utilize their time in France. Since the night was still early, we decided to continue going else where, which was Sacre Coeur church. It was claimed to be located at the highest peak in Paris. 

We took the metro to the Chateau Rouge station. The moment we got out from the station, the immediate instinct that hits me was that it is a very dangerous place. We quickly find our way to the church so we don't get rob or killed ><.

The church was really beautiful! Inside lies a really huge organ that still plays. That really amazed me. The sucky part, no photos were allowed in this church. 

When we decided to leave, there were a lot of black people there. Not to discriminate but somehow they carry a very strong presence of danger. We heard a guy approaching us and so we ran as fast as we could. It was pretty obvious that he was kind of chasing us because as we ran, his voice sounded that he was getting really close. Fortunate enough, we ran faster than him lol. What a night! 

Headed back to the hotel and that sums the long second day in Paris! :) 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

6 comments:

William said...

The baked fish looks like Threadfin (Ma Yau). Haha. The rainbow vestment in your photo is very interesting. I've only seen green, white, red or purple.

tuls said...

the black people will hook stuffs on you and force you to pay! lol.. i ran when i was there too! lolllll hahahaha.... funny times! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are not medieval vestments la...those are ugly modern ponchos! :P

Anonymous said...

hahahaha i like the running part. makes me think of my friend running through the pigeons resting on the ground to make them fly away d:

after you finish your day series, please do a france haul so i will be immensely jealous d:

Ash Godiva said...

ahhh the architecture is nice...

Anonymous said...

好聊123 , 真人交友游戏 , 免费床友交友网 , 真人照片交友 , 派派同城交友聊天 , 免费交友qnssy , 免费交友徵婚网 , 免费交友约会网站 , 免费同城交友裸聊室 , 交友网免费