Monday, April 9, 2012

Kelantan Delights @ Subang

Somewhere last month and few weeks (most probably), two lost souls were around Subang close to 8pm, feeling hungry but unsure of what to eat. They roamed the whole Empire shopping mall but nothing was good. One of the soul (me) suggested to eat at Chilis but was rejected so badly. Wonder why though lol! Then the other soulmate was like might as well go eat at the Kelantan restaurant since the price was about the same. So the poor soul was like ok lor~

So the souls went out, and it was raining! Luckily, there was an umbrella and it was nice walking together under the umbrella. We arrived finally and was surprised as it was empty lol. We sat in the middle of the whole restaurant feeling as though we booked the whole restaurant to ourselves. Romantic much? :P

The restaurant provides you a feel of a very posh Malay dining area with a warm ambience of welcome! Just what we needed on a rainy day I guess.

Photobucket

I was basically a hungry beast that evening and couldn't help but notice the Keropok Lekor on the menu! Quickly ordered that as it's been ages since I last ate them. I think the only time I remember eating them was in high school? 
The dish was good but not excellent. Credits to the plating as well even for a normal dish like this. He was so impressed as though we're having some fine dining meal lol.

Photobucket

For main course, I ordered my all time favourite, Ayam Percik. Okay I have to admit this since I've not blog about this earlier, I have forgotten most of the names and such. Forgive me please! =(! Nevertheless the dish was awesome. I enjoyed it very much. Apparently, Ayam Percik's sauce is supposed to be mild and creamy due to the coconut milk. Somehow the one I tried at Prime, it was like super spicy, creamy and fragrantful. Nowhere close to mild lol. But Prime's was my favourite most to get Ayam Percik. Sadly, they don't have it on the menu anymore.

The manager or owner of the restaurant was very friendly. He actually came and talk to us and explain a few things about Kelantanese cuisine. He even taught us on how to eat as well. Very useful information! 
Photobucket


I've totally forgotten the name of this dish but I know it's Ikan Bakar and not Goreng :P.
Photobucket

Desserts
Photobucket Photobucket

Lovely dinner I would say. Price wise, it is actually pricey to be honest. One set of 2 course and a drink is close to RM40. So once in a while is fine I guess. The manager also told us that on weekends, they have a Kelantan market concept in the morning to sell famous delights! So for those who are craving for some Kelantanese delights, head there to grab some. I'm assuming it's cheaper since it's only for breakfast and portion wise is smaller as well :D

4 comments:

Robinn T said...

babi lama giler didn't post anything. LAZY BUM

Kelatanese siot! Haha Empire was the only "posh" place close to home, but I think Kelantan Delight will be one of the last place for me to go with my gang. Seriously, kelatanese food for like RM40? Hmm....

Maybe next time with my other half la, definitely not with a crowd. See, I see influence already.

J-boy said...

Hahahahahahaha LOL when I first saw the title on my blogroll I thought you spotted some hot Kelantanese men in Subang!!!!! :D :P

soul232 said...

think i rather go buy those foods at some pasar malam though it will lack the cool ambience of the shop xD

- a L E x - said...

@Tempus: well, i cant help it that laziness has always taken over of me :P. Well it's just to try out. It'll only be like once in a blue moon that we'd ever go back. But seriously the food's not bad :)!

@Jboy: LOL!!~~ Didn't it strike ur mind that my blog is somehow only always related to food? xD! Tu la, associate ur international cuisine with food. Now i know why :P!

@Soul 232: Hahahaha! Sometimes I do that too ;)