I have finally ended my intern in the Pastry kitchen and I'm having my 4 days off before I move to a new department; Engineering. Yeap, I know most of you guys would be wondering why there? How is it related to my course and so on, but yeah, long story cut short, some of the management people could be lazy in their job or perhaps not. Despite all that, at least I know now I do not really need to stay back late giving free labour anymore and no more last minute function desserts to rush.
I was pretty free yesterday and my hands were a little itchy into whipping something chocolaty and I went skimming through my stack of pastry bibles. Couldn't find any good ones so I thought of just making a simple Sachertorte. Well after making the batter, I noticed that it was pretty little and to make a cake isn't gonna be that nice. Saw my cupcake cups and immediately decide to turn it into cupcakes.
While baking in the oven, I whip up this amazingly fast and easy and glossy and cream and chocolaty and velvety chocolate buttercream. I'm so amaze with certain recipes sometimes. :D
So yeah, I contacted Bonbon and she was still asleep at like 2pm? Dear Lord. Felt a little bad for disturbing but whatever, I want my teatime session hahaha! So yeah, pack my cupcakes and headed over to her place :).
Damn I feel so Bree Vanderkamp from Desperate Housewives. Hahahahaha.
Bonbon made some exotic yet westernized fruit salad consisting; jackfruits, mandarin orange, banana, peaches, and mango. Not sure if I left out any hahaha! Was served with Earl Grey tea. Bergossip-gossip till late evening and was picked up by Him. Had a quick dinner with him as he needs to rush home :(!
5 comments:
nice looking cupcake and the choc buttercream look well-whipped ^^ maybe i should start baking again but need to find oven 1st..haha xD
alex, i need the buttercream and sachertorte recipe! d: thanks for coming over! (:
waaa.... any recipes with microwave oven? I know it sounds dumb, but i'm no good with baking XD
@Soul232: Thanks :D! Yes yes! An oven is a really good investment as to it not only helps u make dessert but to cook as well ;)
@Bonbon: I'll send to u soon :P!
@Malimo: Umm...I've never really used a microwave oven to bake before lol! I think it's possible just that you need to really adjust the temperature and timing x.x! I remember once i tried roasting a duck for a short 8mins and it came out like a rock LOL~
yay!!!! hee
and, sorry i patgua! but @malimo, perhaps you could try googling 'microwave chocolate mug cake' hehehe. heard it works, but its more of comfort food than chio fine dining
Post a Comment