Another makan-makan outing with Him and this time we headed to Tanzini for lunch as we saw a super awesome deal from Groupon! Bought it immediately when I saw it as I knew it would not disappoint me.
I've read magazines and a few food blogs and it seems like Tanzini is slowly getting its popularity for fine quality food and also its super posh ambience! I've always wanted to go and see and my dreams came true :P
The hotel is just located next to the Ampang Park LRT station. The moment I stepped in to the hotel lobby I was like, "Woahhhhhhhhh more chic and ATAS than Meridien!! :O :O :O". I kept on 'wah-ing' hahaha! Felt so budak kampung :P.
The restaurant's located all the way up to the 28th floor! Made me Wow-ed again! Before entering the lift, there's a security checkpoint and those automated doors that can only open with a card access. Wow-ed again! Hahaha.
I felt so stressed as most of the diners looked so rich and it was so quiet! I didn't dare to speak loud as well lol. We ordered our food immediately :D. I was so excited like a kid getting a huge teddy bear xD.
Complimentary Bread with 3 dips; Chili oil, Chili Paste and Classic Balsamic vinaigrette.
I wasn't very impressed with the bread to be honest. I'm quite pantang when people serve me cold bread. Even if it's complimentary, but I do believe it's part of the dining package. Well, I'm not mocking this restaurant la. :P
There was an offer for mocktails at Rm18++ per glass but was a buy 1 free 1. So yeah, we both had our shares. Both the drinks were good.
I took the Pinacolada
He took the Trattoria Lychee
Soup of the Day; Assuming pumpkin lol.
The crouton is cold and not crunchy >:(! Pantang pantang!!
Fresh Mesclun Salad with Turkey Ham Strips and Raspberry Vinaigrette
I know it's a very simple salad that anyone could make it but I absolutely adore salads :). The turkey ham was crispy and filled of flavours.
Pan Roasted Omega 3 Baramundi;
topped with mesclun salad and served with a duo sauce of Sicilian and Champagne Beurre Blanc.
Took my first bite and I instantly felt in love with the fish. It was cooked to perfection, no doubt; crispy skin with moist delegate flesh. The Sicilian sauce is a tomato based sauce and it was very delicious. I loved it more than the Beurre blanc. It was a little tasteless but credits to getting the nice consistency. I tried making Beurre Blanc myself a few times but always failed lol. If and only the fillet was a little bit more bigger~~
Chili Tagliatelle Prawn;
Grilled Jumbo Prawn with curry perfumed chili tagliatelle
Not the best pasta I've eaten but still deserves a compliment :). The prawns were also grilled to perfection. Seafoods may seem easy to cook but getting it cooked to the perfect texture is never easy. Which is why I'm always so particular to choosing my place for seafood! ;).
Dessert du Jour;
Chocolate Mousse with Redcurrant Compote & Mango Coulis!
If you'd notice the mousse actually differs from one another. I think they ran out of the normal ones and was replaced with a similar one. The difference, one was rich and firm while the other was light and creamy that it just melts into your mouth. Finally a place that serves a mousse that has little gelatin!
Overall it was a satisfying meal and I would definitely want to come back for another round! I read another review by Kampungboycitygirl and it made me wanna go even more. I personally don't think that it's too pricey for a degustation menu :).














5 comments:
sweetnya~ going anywhere/doing anything for valentine? :D
It's your right to mock the restaurant. :)
whoa~ he looks cute! hahah nice place! POSH's the word. though I have no idea how to react there though.
i went there with my sister for lunch,the place is infested with tai tai's,my brother in law looks so adorable,like a satisfied kid!XD
@Jason: Hehe :D! I dunno wor... We're both working on that day so I guess it'll just be dinner? :)
@William: But I was so Wow-ed by the interior tat i felt bad mocking hahaha xD
@Tempus: I know right :P. So so so cute but he always denies xD. YES, POSH! I shall return there looking POSH as well LOL.
@Ash: ooo icic!
Post a Comment