Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summary of 3 Months :P

***Disclaimer: Long Long post lol***


April
Joe's Birthday and I decided to make him 2 cakes since he's also hosting a small gathering dinner at his place. Am guessing 1 wouldn't be sufficient to cater to everyone including his family :). Thus, I decided to make him the Black Forest Entremet as he loved it the first time he tasted it. Then the second one, decided to make him a refreshing yet light entremet which was the Carrot Cake with Mascarpone and Apple Jelly. 

Photobucket Photobucket

June? Somewhere when I was having my Semester Break lol

Was forced to follow parents all the way to the north of the peninsula which is between the borders of Thailand. A friend of Dad saw a groupon deal that was quite eye catching and bought it. The deal was for Belum Rainforest and the highlight was to see the Rafflesia Flower. So I thought why not? The place said that it provides wifi but the stupid thing you can only access the wifi outside of the room? =.=. Yes, I know it doesn't make sense lol. Am not willing to go out and feed the mosquitoes just for wifi xD. Actually this place would be perfect for a couple getaway from the bustling city for relaxation :). Sadly He couldn't come as he was busy preparing for his exams. 

Am really satisfied with the rooms. It's close to a 4-5 star standard :). Food was terrible. We had to resort to a 45mins drive to the nearest town just for food. So that'll be a total of 1 and a half hour drive to and fro. Urgh.. hurts my ass. 

Photobucket Photobucket
Unfortunately for a friend of Dad's, his car got was invaded by red ants. No idea why but it was really scary to see! :O
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
The flower doesn't smell as bed as people claim it to be. O.O
Photobucket 
PhotobucketHad fantastic wild durians (I guess?) along the streets at some Kampung area. A whole table that has like 20 over biji for only RM45!! One can never find such good deal for Durians in K.L. Photobucket

***

Right towards the end of the mid semester break, Joe called me over to his place for a baking session and we kinda made a mass production of cupcakes LoL! Chocolate Savarin with Caramel Buttercream. Sinfully yummy :D. Headed off for dinner at Daorae. I feel that so far Daorae serves the better Korean BBQ. Do share with me if there're better ones than Daorae :D. 
Photobucket 

***

Made Strawberry Shortcake along the weekend before the start of the semester. Yummy strawberries!! :D. I forgot who I gave the other half to. Hmm! Oh well @.@
Photobucket Photobucket



June

The busy most hectic period where finals is nearing. Tonnes of assignments were bombarded to us. Couldn't sleep peacefully as well =.=! 

This is me being bored in class and messing people's hair hahaha! :P
Photobucket

Breaking the Social Norm Assignment :).
Photobucket

Made a short horror film for the French assignment. Found this cool creepy place in Bukit Gasing ;).
Photobucket

***

Then it was my birthday on the 27th :). Got one of the most amazing gift on the eve from Joe and gang. Received to fat and fluffy furballs :D :D! Couldn't decide what to name them and mum decide to give them names instead; Boi Boi and Gurl Gurl. Seems like now she's so accepting towards pets that are known as rodents in her dictionary. Now she's like always coming in to my room and talk with them LoL!

Photobucket Photobucket

Gift from dearest Bonbon. Thankiu so much :D! Really loads of bon temps in it hahahaha!
Photobucket


Thanks to Paul for the Mini Tea Set LOL! Such coincidence I had TWG tea as a gift as well. Perfect set for the Silai Association xD. Thanks Jason for the 'Dictionary' >:). Thanks to Kamgua for the Orance Chocolate cake. Was very touched as I was told that he felt so stress making a cake for me that he practiced almost every weekend for 2 months in advance :O! I also finally came out to Joe personally. Felt so much better and the huge burden has been lifted. So yea, finally I'm out to my besties! Best present for myself xD. 
Photobucket

He made me a Danbo!!! SO SO SO CUTE :O O :O :O!
Photobucket

Alongside with TWG Macarons of each flavours! So yummy! By far the best macarons I've ate in town. Am still yet to try Les Deux Garcons'.
Photobucket

According to Him, the salesperson said that Silver Moon was the top 1 best selling tea. But to me, I personally love the Grand Wedding Tea :D. But oh well, the tea is still of prestige quality and very aromatic!
Photobucket



July

It's the month of his birthday! Due to my own poor financial budgeting control, I was definitely not able to like buy fancy pansy stuff for Him. So I decided to make something small,nice and simple! I kinda bought those mini ice cream sticks infront of him and of course he'd ask why and I gave the reason saying that I'm making something for Silon and pretending to forget about his birthday :P. He then gotten so jealous like a little boy not getting his toy/candy but someone else gets it xD. Brought him to lobsterman at SS2 for dinner with Andrew as well. *Totally poh chan after that dinner hahahaha*. But food was great and it was all worth it. 

Voila! The scroll I made for him :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Was contemplating on making him 10 cupcakes with Doraemons on it or a whole cake instead. I wasn't that confident in making the cupcakes as I've never really worked with fondant so I just made him an Opera cake instead with a petit Doraemon sitting on it. Rushed home after class and immediately made it. Took me a whole 3 hours just to make one! But it was really cute and paid off I thought. 
And Williamnyk, I guess I can now make the penguin for ur cute nephew already :D!

Photobucket

Then the following week, it was Silon's birthday. No idea what to get him so yea, made him a cake instead LoL. I guess cakes are the only gifts I give, hmm... >_>! Made 2 cakes in a day. The one for Silon was Chocolate cake with hazelnut mousse topped with passionfruit mousseline. The other was for my own personal binge eating purposes which was the Mango and passionfruit dacquoise :D. 

Storage for binge eating :).
Photobucket

So heavenly!! Sweet. Sour. Exotic. Creamy. Perfecto!
Photobucket

8 comments:

William said...

PORORO! Maybe 3D is too much of a challenge. Just doing the face in 2D would be nice.

tuls said...

:)

J-boy said...

ME WANT FOOD! ME WANT FOOD!

hahaha you always make me hungry, literally LOLLLL

Robinn T said...

oh I just had goosebumps when I saw the scroll you made for him! He damn larky la, got you, got his stomach covered, what else does he need summore?

Leo Nut said...

The hiking looks damn nice! Always love the outdoors.

And we jadi kawan baik boleh?.. My birthday time we have a party, just you and me, and lots of cakes.. :PP

- a L E x - said...

@William: I will try my best to make a 3D one k? :P

@Tuls: :D :D

@JBoy: Food you shall get xD! Making u hungry so you can eat more ma :P

@Tempus: Needs me lor :P. You'll also be damn larky k... but just tat u gotta wait till 30 (like u said) =/.

@Leo: It was good, quite a challenge also as it was quite steep @@. Yea we can but macam using me saje hahahaha xD

Aiden said...

OHMYGOD! SO MUCH CAKE! AND THE HAMSTERS(?) ARE SO FLUFFY!!!

- a L E x - said...

@Aiden: Well, i only make desserts xD! Yeap they're hamsters :D! They're way fluffier now as they're getting fatter lol!