Just yesterday my parents wanted to dine out and was totally clueless on where to eat. I suggested why not have Nyonya Food and my mum remembered a restaurant somewhere in Sri Petaling. We went in circles around the area trying to find it but failed.
Dad being the grumpy him, was getting a little frustrated due to the traffic and all and I suggested to get out from that place and head to Kuchai Lama. Not that far anyway~ I had a sudden urge for Japanese cuisine and remembered seeing a restaurant and thought of giving it out a try.
The environment was quite nice and was nicely greeted by the lady boss :). Judging based on the price, I guess it would be pretty reasonable. Japanese cuisine does not come in cheap lol.
Seasoned Jelly Fish (Chuka Kurage)
Too salty for my liking and wasn't crunchy at all that it gives me the impression that it wasn't fresh? Bad bad! But credits for the presentation effort? lol
Garlic Fried Rice
Very flavourful and strong in garlic fragrance! Yums! I personally feel that though is simple to cook fried rice, but to make it delicious, it takes skills :)!
Tempura and Sushi Set
The sushi was yummy indeed! Especially my all time favourite salmon sushi! However, a sad thing was that I found a bone in one of the sushi =(! I was a happy customer that night otherwise I'd lodge a horrifying complaint!
Soft Shell Crab Maki
The crab was crunchy and nice. However, I do personally feel that Nihonkai's soft shell crab maki tastes more better lol.
Chicken Teriyaki bento Set
The salad on the top left was surprisingly good! Love the tanginess of the dressing. I couldn't tell what dressing it was but it definitely will boost one's appetite :). The chicken was cooked to perfection as well. Not dry and has the smoky flavour that proves it was grilled.
Chawanmushi
Very smooth steamed egg. Not fragrantful enough to my liking. Would be better if there were more ingredients in it.
Dad's Salmon Teppanyaki Set
The salmon looks pretty sad in fact x.x! Doesn't look appetizing at all don't you think? Didn't try it hehe! Was busy eating my sushi and tempura *_*
Macha Ice Cream
To end the meal, I always love to have the Goma Ice cream, but they kinda ran out of it, so I thought of giving a try of their Macha ice cream. Quite a disappointment actually as I suspect it's the Nestle brand. Very fake taste to it. But oh well~









2 comments:
Seri Petaling mana ada nyonya food?
@William; i dunno... it was mum's idea lol....
Post a Comment