Daddy's Day! Poor him, gotta work on Father's Day but compensated himself with a new LG LCD T.V. His hands got itchy it seems lol.
Mum asked me where should we bring him for dinner and I went around hopping on food blogs for reviews and in search of a new place to try. Well as you can see, most good restaurants are usually located in K.L. Dad doesn't like to drive down to K.L with his super old school excuse; JAM JAM JAM. Both me and mum rolled our eyes for God knows how many gazillion times xD. As I was browsing through the blogs (an excuse to procrastinate during exam period), I found this place called, Bistro A Table, located at Section 17, P.J. The name of the outlet is actually in French which means 'at the table' or 'to the table'.
Based on the pictures and reviews it seems pretty good and I showed mum to see if it was okay. She said that the price was not too expensive but is subjective, really. Dad seems to be okay with it too lol. It isn't difficult to locate the place as it is just near to Jaya One.
The interior is very cozy and comfortable with the opera songs. I find it nice and romantic but some may find it noisy I guess (assuming my dad did felt so :P). I kinda love the simple yet classical interior. I'm only not happy about the lighting as it was quite dim and makes life difficult in snapping the perfect picture. If I ain't so fussy about the photography, the ambience would still be perfect xD
Mum loved this part of the restaurant
I ordered the Latte; all time favourite coffee xD.
Caesar Salad Soup (Rm18)
Unique eh? Salad made into soup! Mum was more curious than I am for this dish. The lettuce is blended served with a perfectly poached egg garnished with parmesan tuile (If I'm not mistaken as there is no description in the menu) topped with sour cream and duck proschiutto (according to the fellow food bloggers).
Gruyere Souffle with Lobster and Scampi Bisque (Rm35)
Though not as unique as the Caesar Salad Soup, but I would still love to try the bisque. Gladly, there was no disappointments in the dish. It was perfect and flavourful with the taste of the crustaceans. The souffle was light and fluffy and not very pungent in the cheesy taste.
Before ordering and was skimming through the menu, I suggested to my mum to order this dish but she replied;
Me: Mii, try this dish la. Seems delicious~
Mum: Aiyo, sooo-fu-ley wor. Sure very sweet one. I take the soup la.
Me: =_=! Mummy, this is not a dessert but an appetizer x.x!!
Mum: *Giggled*
Red Snapper (Rm48)
Dad ordered this dish as there wasn't many choices left for him. He cant take beef so yeah. Well there was one option that both me and mum agreed that he should order which was the Boston Lobster & Sea Urchin Linguini, Rm132, but due to the price, he didn't want too... Aww.... =(.
*I wanted to order instead but it wasn't my day and feels guilty if I were to order that, woops!*
Duck a l'Orange (Rm55)
I ordered this dish instead :). Never really tried a duck a l'Orange dish before. To my surprise, when the dish was served, I was shocked with the cutting of the meat. It was such a thick cut. From what I learnt in Uni, it is best to cut the duck breast meat thinly otherwise it would be to tough to eat. But then again, it was perfectly cooked to medium well as it was still pinkish in the middle.
Tarragon Spring Chicken (Rm38)
Mum ordered this. What we expected was actually a roasted spring chicken but to our surprise it was served in a stew-ish form. The sauce was indeed flavourful and the mushrooms gave the nice earthy flavours in this dish. No doubt, the chicken was tender and moist. Very simple yet delicious dish :)
French Beans with Hazelnut Oil Vinaigrette (Rm10)
&
Truffle Mash Potato (Rm12)
&
Truffle Mash Potato (Rm12)
We ordered an additional side dish to compliment with our main courses. The french beans was indeed good. Nicely blanched and sauteed to perfection served with the generous amount of perfectly roasted hazelnuts. Great combination to satisfy one's palate. For the truffle mash, there was no real truffles in it of course but just drizzled with truffle oil. To like the very pungent and aromatic flavours of truffles, it is an acquired taste. I love it for sure but I know it's not my dad's cup of tea. He only took a small scoop lol. However, for the mash potato, I'd say that Prime of Le Meridien K.L's version is more heavenly. Used to be my midnight supper :P
....
...
..
.
And last but not least, desserts!
Kaffir Lime & Lemon Tart (Rm 15)
Suitable for non sweet tooth people. The custard is very smooth and there were no sign of it being overcooked. The lemon flavour gave it a very 'Umphhh' effect. Those who cannot withstand sourness, do not try :P. I'd reckon this dessert to end the meal as it is refreshing.
Deconstructed Tiramisu (Rm 18)
What was perceived is less than my expectations. It is just the common Tiramisu available. It was kinda sweet for me and I felt that it was more chocolaty and not really tasting coffee. Though it was not what I'd expected, at least it was not of low quality by using cream cheese instead. Still in the search for the best Tiramisu available in town! :D :D
All in all, as rated by most floggers (foodbloggers), I'd have to agree with them that this is one of the top best restaurants available in the P.J area. Unique in its own way with spectacular dishes ;). I'd definitely come back for a second round! Next aim, lobster and sea urchin pasta ngek ngek ngek xD














10 comments:
Wow! The duck a l'Orange looks damn good. Must try one day. I shall ask Mr. J to take me there for a romantic dinner. Hehehe...
omgee yumsters!!! But my parent ain't fancy western and all sorts, so we had to stick with eastern, which is canton, hokkien or japanese, not even korean XD. The only western food we have had was wind mill behind our house, which the quality totally deteriorate over the past 10 years.
I'm sure my parents will cry for the amount as shown, they definitely will go for CRABS more. Crazy seafoodies.
Haha! Somehow I thought you'd cook for your parents! :)
wow looks like a nice place, and it sounds very near my house too :P
i will go check it out soon :)
p.s. the verification word is 'rating'. Amazing haha
Wa i like ur review-isg style liao~
and dangi gotta do something for dad. grr...
Agak mahal hor? Restaurants like to use ambient light, that's I also malas bring camera out already. :P
@Calvin: You can ask Mr.J to take u anywhere u like :P
@Tempus: Hahaha, my dad can be good friends with ur family xD. Well, you can always go with frens or someone special in the future *-*! Romantic place though ;)
@Savante: *hides xD* I'm super lazy these days....he.he.he. =x
@J-Boy: Since it's so near to ur place, pamper urself by going there lo :D. And thanks!
@Vincent: lol~ Thanks :D. Well, cook him dinner? ;P
@William: Once in a while it's ok la I suppose? If I malas to bring camera out, this blog would be super dead as I'd not have any inspiration to blog d. *gulps*
super expensive!!!!!!!!
i dont think i'd ever go to such shops. plus, i'm a big eater. wakakakakka
@Clayden: Once in awhile explore is ok ma :D! Ask Beau to belanja xD
oh got opera songs....i'm going there!!!XD
Post a Comment