It's the final week of my holidays and then it's back to classes :(! Totally not ready for the hectic schedules of exams, presentations, assignments and dramas lol.
Anyway, I've been watching this programme on Astro TLC which is called Fabulous Cakes and woahhhh are their cakes damn over the top! Cakes of defying gravity, perfect sculptures and many more :O! That got me a little inspired to make fondant cakes :). Since a friend's birthday was around the corner, I decided to make a fondant cake instead of an entremet.
Went online to search for inspiration and yeah, since he's a fan of Rilakkuma, it'll be on the cake xD. Since I do not dare to make a big scale cake, I chose to make a smaller one and alongside with cupcakes. The cake is made up of a Devil's Food Cake (Pound chocolate cake) with raspberry chocolate buttercream and as for the cupcakes, they were lemon pound cake with lemon curd in the center. Pretty delicious if you'd ask me :D.

Then bestie Asraf was back from the U.K. and his sister is getting married last weekend. Since I couldn't make it to the wedding, I decided to make his sister a mini wedding cake instead lol. More practice of using fondant! I have to say, covering the damn cake with fondant ain't no easy task =_=! Lots of flaws here and there, hence the cover up with flowers hahaha.
The cake is made up of orange pound cake with madagascar vanilla buttercream! Super loving the flavours of it though some would say it's too sweet @_@.


4 comments:
totally should have gotten you to bake my 21st birthday cake
Pororo!
and your cakes are over the top as well:D
And a cake for me too!
Post a Comment